domingo, 7 de junio de 2009

On freedom of expression...

I don't know much about policy on freedom of expression -yes, I know ignorance is not allowed on cibernauts, knowledge is at one click!, but what da hell, I just wanted to say that in this issue I take a position which is similar to that of Keynes on economics. I think that almost all the criticism (back and forth) from where Keynes feeds his economic-policy theory can be transcribed into freedom of expression. In fact this self-preserving dialectics; rule and game, lange and parole, etc. is also seen at the political realm with the notion of constitutional democracy. Theses are highly appreciate approaches on economy and politics, it is real worth it to see how this paradigm can be adapted to the realm of freedom of speech or expression...

Well, now that I think about it further, this is what Habermas has point out when looking for the ideal of a public sphere; it also compromise a normative component. Still, given my ignorance on the details of Habermas approach, I can freely wonder about the specific encoding of this normative component. Should it be produced, reproduced and consumed as a legalistic or ethical (cultural) mechanism?

No hay comentarios:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.